Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One Year

It's hard to believe it's been a year since our big move back to the Pacific NW. It's been a challenging but also a rewarding year for the Weathers family. With so much uncertainty about Bryan's job (it's now stable but we are on the 3rd job since moving back...long story but definitely not Bryan's fault), living in an entirely new place (and all that encompasses), my Mom's passing, and special people facing big challenges-you know who you are :-), it's been difficult at times to say the least. But, there have been great blessings as well. We have enjoyed great quality time as a family, Bryan is now working at a GREAT company(Costco rocks!), we were able to finalize Greyson's adoption and attend the Temple for his Sealing, we have been so lucky for moving into such a great Ward, we can once again go to Mariner's games and Tekiu (Bry's family beach house), and many more blessings! We are so glad to be back but we really miss our family in Idaho and Utah (love you guys tons!). We love living in Maple Valley and the Pacific NW. It's a great place to live and raise a family. We still don't know a ton of people here but we look forward to getting to know more. In some ways it's hard to believe that we have been here for a year and in other ways it seems like we never left. Life is funny sometimes!

11 comments:

Sarah J. said...

We're so happy to have you here in MV and in the ward! You've been a great addition. BTW, WHERE did you take those GREAT shots of your boys? You're getting good, girl!!!

satcy said...

We're definately glad you moved here! They say the first year is the hardest. Smooth sailing from here on out..right?! Thank you for the gift. Again, it was our pleasure.

Zappe Family said...

Ditto to the CUTE shots of your boys!!!! They are ADORABLE!! You're great at this! It's been fun getting to know you guys! Time does fly by too!

Leslie Behunin said...

We're so glad you're here, too!!

Melain said...

Honey, life is funny ALL the time!

Wendy said...

We've been here 4 years next week and will never leave. We love it here. I agree with Stacy, the first year is the hardest. There were a lot of adjustments for us, especially since our kids were teens. We made it though and consider this our home.

Ronda said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. It really helps getting to know someone. I look forward to getting to know you a little better in person. You have adorable little boys and you are a great photographer! Where did you take the shots with the brick wall?

Danielle Weathers said...

Ahh, thanks girls!

Sarah and Ronda-
I took the shots of my boys in Enumclaw. Just in the downtown area. It was great because there weren't a lot of people on the streets to contend with. It was a lot of fun!

debi said...

My new neighbor calls Maple Valley "Pleasant Ville" I would have to agree. WELCOME TO PLEASANT VILLE!! Although with your talent for photography I think its in color now!

The Wright Family said...

I can't believe that you have been there for that long either! Wow, we are definitely due to visit you guys. One of these days soon we will!

Julie said...

I'm jellous that you are still in MV and I'm not! I miss you tons!

Tunes


Say Hello!

If you stop by, take a minute and say hi! We would love to hear from you.

Alex

Alex

Cole

Cole

Greyson

Greyson

Visitors

Provided by the web design company directory.