
Recently Bryan and I had the opportunity to go to Pike Place Market. I absolutely love going there. I love all the people, the bright colors, the smells. It's a lively place that is ever changing. We have our favorite stops we make each time we go. We always walk down to the very end of the market (down by Starbucks) and start our way through from that end. There is a great group of singers that are usually standing outside of Starbucks. It's fun to stop and listen to them.
Next we enjoy looking at all of the flower vendors along the way. There are so many fresh flowers with beautiful and vibrant colors. I usually can't get through the market without buying a bouquet of flowers.

Bryan loves honey so we usually stop at one of the honey vendors. This time he asked one of the vendors for a particular kind of honey and she was so impressed that he remembered that kind of honey because it hasn't been there since 1992! She was excited to have a local patron return so faithfully so she gave him a Pike Place Market bag. Bryan felt pretty special! It's the little things in life! ;-)

I love to peruse all of the fruit and veggie vendors there. The quality is great and everything is so fresh!

One of Bryan's favorites is this little stand that sells chicken gizzards and livers (right next to the Pike Place Bakery). He loves them and gets them every time we go. I love the little tiny donuts around the corner from the famous fish vendor but the line was super long this time so we didn't get any. If you haven't tried the donuts that's a must try!
We always have to find Bry's family tiles. Kinda cool that his whole family is there!

For dinner we went to this restaurant in the market. It was yummo! Bryan had jambalaya and I had a shrimp poor boy sandwich. Really good! We sat outside on the street and watched people. I love to people watch. You see so many interesting and different people there. All in all, it was a great time. I love the market. These are some of my favorite things. What do you like about the market?





8 comments:
I love the AMAZING fruit selections! I also love the lavender vendor, with culinary samples. Your photos captured the vibe of the market perfectly.
What a fun post. I want to go there right now! :) I love to people watch too. That place is the best for people watching for sure. What a fun date for you guys!!
awesome pic of the berries! makes my mouth water.
Goodness woman, do you ever stay home? You've been on the go an awful lot latelyn. I'm jealous! I love to look at all the fruit and veggies and flowers. The colors are great! I like sampling the honey, almonds, jam, etc. Does anyone know which booth Rainn Wilson's (from the office) mom runs?
Your pictures are so awesome! You are seriously a great photographer. I loves Pikes market. Your pictures make me miss Washington, maybe we'll come back!!!
That looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe how much you can make a trip to the market so beautiful with your pictures!
Mmm, looks yummy. We'll have to get out there and try it.
Wow, your photos are great. The color in them was remarkable! I love the market too! The flowers and the fresh produce are my favorite! I love to people watch as well. What a fun day! Oh, the donuts are great but your right, always a long line for them! They sell them down by the water too next the the crab pot!
Post a Comment