Thursday, November 20, 2008

Am I the only one?!


Okay....pretty much all I've been hearing about in my "circles" is how everyone is reading or has read this series of books. At the hair dresser, at my photography club, on Facebook, at Church. Am I the only one who hasn't read them? I've heard that they are good, not so good, and not worth the time. I guess I should read at least one to see what all the buzz is about. My husband is so sweet. On Friday, he went to Costco and bought me the first book in the series. What a thoughtful guy! That's one of the many reasons I love him so much! Anyways, I'll let you know what I think...in the meantime give me your review. What did you think?

14 comments:

Wendy said...

If you have an ounce of romanticism in your body, plan on being glued to it until you finish. I loved it. Yes, it is a little cheesy but the story is mesmorizing and oh so romantic! Valerie bought me tickets to see the movie tonight at 12:01. I'm not a fanatic but apparently she thinks I am.

Melissa said...

I thought the books were entertaining, but just aren't really my thing. The fist one was probably the best, but got kinda lame and cheesy after that. But then again, they are written for a teenage girls.

If you don't have any other books to read then give it a try--if nothing else, it is entertainment.

Jill said...

I haven't read them but Brent's students love them. My husband tried to read them but had to stop because he didn't like the author's voice and it was weird "to be inside of the head of a teenage girl" -his words not mine. However, I know a lot of people who have read them and liked them. I haven't read a novel for so long because I've been reading books for my little boy's developmental delay problems. I probably should read them, it would be a fresh change from what I've been reading. Let me know what you think! I'll see you in December for the Christmas part!!!

Leslie Behunin said...

I guess I don't have a romantic bone in my body...WENDY! ;) j/k! Actually, I've never read them but reading fiction - especially romance novels about vampires are just not my thing. Give me a history book or good biography...I'm all over it. Then again, Jared thinks I have no imagination. Most people love 'em! Go for it!!!

Bennett Family said...

i think it was just OKAY. i only read the 1st and it took me over 4 mo's. i love a good romance novel, but i'm not into the super-natural/fantasy thing. happy reading!

Heiner Happenings said...

I LOVE,LoVE,LOVe them! Give them a try. I have read all of them at least a handful of times. It's a fun,romantic,cool series. Hope I didn't build it up too much ;-)Lol!

Tell me what you think after you read Twilight-

Zappe Family said...

I'm there with Leslie. I haven't ever read them and yes...it's been such the buzz everywhere I go and in fact...I think that has turned me off to them entirely. I'm not into that sort of hype...does that make any sense? I also have been told I lack an imagination too. (I'm so like Leslie...)

Marisa said...

I put off reading them for a long time because I thought a vampire love story was a little much for me. But then I remembered how much I liked Harry Potter, and I don't consider myself a reader of fantasy or a fan of witches and wizards. So I started the first book on a road trip and then read through to the end of the series in 10 days - I seriously could not put them down. It's kind of embarrassing. I already warned you that they're not very well-written, and I think people don't like them because they're over-dramatized. But those who get into the books love the characters and the love story. I usually read non-fiction and other boring stuff so for me it was a nice break from reality. I'm curious to know what you think about the book after all this.

Jolley Family said...

I just finished the last book and I loved all of them. Once you start, they are hard to put down. I think they are worth the time! Now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie! I'm with Wendy, loved to romance part but thought I wouldn't like them either.....Leslie, you should read the first one at least!!!!! I don't know, I liked them and even though your first thought is how could a book about vampires be good....I was pleasantly surprised. Somehow the author made it believable!

Danielle Weathers said...

Okay....I've decided to start reading it tonight. If I look totally tired tomorrow it's probably because I liked it and couldn't put it down.

The Wright Family said...

You know, I didn't start them until a few months ago. (I never got hooked into Harry Potter, so I thought this would be the same) It took me awhile to get into the first one, but after that, and the other books, I was hooked! I even saw the movie yesterday and thought it was good!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the books. I guess they just brought me back to my first big crush when I was young. (you know when your heart flutters when ever you see that cute guy) :o) Anyway, I felt that they were fun to read. And I have to admit that I was standing in line with all the pre-teen girls at the movie theater on opening night. And I thought the movie was AWESOME. But definetly read the book first!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read it either

Melain said...

So? Did you like them?

Tunes


Say Hello!

If you stop by, take a minute and say hi! We would love to hear from you.

Alex

Alex

Cole

Cole

Greyson

Greyson

Visitors

Provided by the web design company directory.